One journey ends and another starts – that’s what life long learning is all about

The final ePcopMOOC webinar is on next week and even though I did not get all the badges I did enjoy what I did and also popping in and out of the MOOC to see what was going on. My learning did not stop with the MOOC but I was distracted by other opportunities that came my way. I’ve become involved in the ACFE ementor project for the Hume region, I have participated in 4 Mighytbell experiences, I have found a few online tutorials to watch, I dipped my toes into Change11. There is varietal free feast out there in cyberspace for those who want to learn and all to the thanks of people who are willing to share their knowledge freely via blog posts and online courses like MOOCs. To those people I say “Thankyou”.

Learning online is all about searching, collecting, curating and displaying information and also gaining an understanding of your new knowledge through reflection and seeking feedback. To learn effectively and efficiently in this way, I think, you have to figure out what Web2.0 tools work for you and select an aggregation of tools for your purposes. You will most probably want to share your knowledge or glean some knowledge from others through social networking sites like facebook, Google+ and twitter. You will most probably want to collect and curate that knowledge via applications like Diigo, Delicious, Evernote, Onenote, Livebinders, Scoop.It, or Searcheeze. You may also want to do some mindmapping with tools like Spicynodes, Pearltrees, Popplet or Mindmap42. Finally you may want to organize and display information and share it with others using tools like Glogster, Prezi, Slideshare, Wordle, Voicethread or a myriad of other options. There are so many tools to choose from and new ones are launched everyday and some also fail and die. It is sometimes hard to decide what tools you will use.
I think that what you need to do is to select an aggregation of tools and put them together, however you want, so that they work for you in your quest for gaining and sharing knowledge.
What do you think?
I really like Diigo. What is your most valued tool?

cubePLN