A closer look at my SN

I am, by nature, a solitary person. I value my own time. I do not want to be expected to go out socializing when I would rather be doing something that is more important to me. This solitary part of my nature flows through to my working world. I do not purposefully set out to establish close personal support networks. That is not to say that I don’t, because I do.  I actually think that it is sometimes not a good thing for very close friendships to establish in the workplace.

Now having said all that, I will seek help and advice if I think I need it; I will praise where I think that praise is certainly due;  I will listen; I will give feedback if asked (and sometimes if not asked as well); I will think about things and happenings  – So it may be said that I do connect, give feedback and reflect but not in a structured and proactive way.

My diagram

http://www.mindomo.com/view?m=28eae594cb084ac5a557463303e8e31f

2 thoughts on “A closer look at my SN

1. Hi Liz…sometimes I think that feedback can be more meaningful when it’s informal and unexpected. That casual affirmation that you “do good” can be a great motivator.

2. Liz, part of the assessment for your reflective piece on your support network is to tell us how you intend to maintain and strengthen your network(Assessment 4 Part A). Can you tell us a bit about that?